Grilling Safety Tips | SERVPRO® of Gwinnett County South
As the temperatures have already started to soar, it’s time to start thinking about summer. There is nothing like firing up the grill during the summer months! A backyard barbeque can become dangerous quickly if proper safety precautions aren’t considered. As your local SERVPRO® professional, we want you to have an enjoyable and safe summer. Consider the following tips to help ensure your summer celebrations are disaster free!
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and over hanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- When using a charcoal grill, let the coal completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby as a safety measure.